Monday, 14 October 2013

A lovely walk in the woods...

 
It's no secret from the posts in my blog that the last few weeks have been... difficult, to say the least. I think Siena and I were both desperate to get out the house for a little bit of fresh air. The weather appeared to be holding up on Saturday, and so we met some friends at Westonbirt Arboretum. When describing it to my friend, the best I could come with is "it has lots of trees but it is extremely pretty at this time of year"... Very poetic don't you think?
 
Although I may not have done it justice in my description, it truly is a beautiful place. It is extremely relaxing and there is something to be said about getting out of town for a long walk in the woods. Last year, we did the Autumn walk, which shows off nature's amazing colours. I've included some photos at the end for you to see. This year, we did the other side of the arboretum, which included a japanese garden.
 
After a few hours of walking and letting Siena run off some steam, we sat down for a cup of hot chocolate, tea and of course cake in the restaurant. We all felt a little tired from all the walking with our legs buzzing, but definitely refreshed and ready to take on another week. I would strongly recommend a visit if you are in the Bristol area.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Autumn colours from our walk last year...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 PS - Guilty pleasure starting again tonight... woo!
  photo signature_zpsc43fa538.png
*All images unless otherwise noted are my own, so please do not use them without my permission.*
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover